Use the translation tool below to view the blog in your language.

Translate

Tuesday 1 August 2017

More nonsensical prudish censorship at G+

I really don't understand the G+ policy when it comes to banning sexually explicit material, or that which is deemed not fit for general viewing.  I am happy for everyone to have the right to object when content they dislike appears on G+, but I also expect a consistent approach when it comes to deciding what is allowed and what is not.   Yesterday I posted several pics separately and also in an album, and received a notification that one of my pics in the album had been flagged.  Several others posted individually simply did not appear in my posts having been automatically deleted when I uploaded them.  Below is everything I posted posted alongside similar pics which were allowed either in the album or separately.  Even worse, I appealed against the decision against one of the photographs in the album and they said they would review the whole album.  My appeal was unsuccessful, and the single offending photograph was removed, but the rest were allowed to stay.

The pic below was NOT allowed on G+


The pic below was ALLOWED on G+


The two pics below were ALLOWED on G+



The three pics below were NOT allowed on G+




The pic below was ALLOWED on G+


The three pics below were NOT allowed on G+




Small wonder some people, including me, get a little confused about what may or may not be allowed.  I would never have attempted to post any of the above on G+ had I not thought they were suitable for publication there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!