Use the translation tool below to view the blog in your language.

Translate

Sunday 18 December 2016

PUMP! ... another look.

I posted a while back about PUMP!'s extraordinarily brilliant advertising campaigns and thought an update was in order.  I hope there is no overlap between the photographs in my first post and the one below, but there are so many to choose from that it's quite possible I've missed something.  I must say that my thoughts on this brand and the current state of the men's fashion industry are pretty much unchanged.  I think the world owes a great deal to the heightened sense of appearance that many gay men have, and the creativity of designers could not possibly have been liberated the way it has been had there not been also an acceptance of gay men and women as no better or worse than any other people.  It's hard to believe that within living memory being gay and all that implied was illegal in this country.  The sad thing is that it still is in many countries, and in this religion has a lot to answer for.  But the PUMP! brand with its emphatic exclamation mark symbolises everything that's good about being gay, and is, for me, a celebration of gayness.  And, of course, it's not just PUMP!, as there are many other brands out there these days, including Andrew Christian and Addicted, to mention the other two big ones.





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!